Socialmobie.com, is the free social media platform, where you come to share and live your life!

cheap cycling jerseys Congressional lobbying experience

• 1 posts
    May 4, 2023 11:16 PM EDT

This was my first time participating in the League’s National Bike Summit, and my first cheap cycling jerseys Congressional lobbying experience. The event itself was incredibly well-run, with great takeaways for CalBike’s own California Bicycle Summit, and I’m thrilled that our full staff was able to participate. The sessions and plenaries were varied and informative, with important lessons for local and state-level advocates alike on building safer and more inclusive bike networks for women, strategies for better connectivity in rural areas, and so much more. I was so inspired to hear about the progress of local advocates and community organizations working in areas that are aligned with CalBike’s Invest/Divest campaign — like Bike Houston’s coalition efforts around their I-45 freeway expansion.

While I was perhaps intimidated by my first meeting with the legislative team of a member of Congress, the League provided a great set-up and resources to ensure that Lobby Day participants had the information we needed to make a strong case for 2023’s pending bicycle-friendly legislation.